New Norwegian hymn (number 18)

My eighteenth hymn tune, and the words to go with it, are one of those inspired-by-the-moment creations. I wrote the words and composed the music in a matter of hours. Compared to my sixteenth hymn, which troubled me every day for two weeks, this came about very easily. Even though I feel that I have finished it, it can still be improved upon, and any musical, literate and creative person will find ways to make it more suitable to a specific use without changing the fundamental idea. The words of my eighteenth hymn are in Norwegian, and are basically inspired by my own frustration over Church of Norway. I try to describe a situation that I regard to be in accordance to my own beliefs, implying that Church of Norway lacks or suppresses this dimension, making the described situation closer to wishful thinking rather than reality. The hymn are however theologically sound (I think) and embraces the ideas of Real Presence and Epiclesis.

You'll find my eighteenth hymn at the Organ Amatuer Page by clicking "Music" and "Music by me". You can also access the words here and the tune here.

I also wish to point out that all of my music and lyrics are intellectual property that belongs to me, but I welcome any use that are not commercial nor deceitful. If you want to use any of my material for, let's say, a church service, that is fine by me. Putting the printed music on the market for sale is NOT OK (just an example, many other things are also NOT OK - use common sense).

No comments: