Yet another chant (no. 4)

I made this chant on my way to bed, between washing my face and brushing my teeth, so to speak. I had been hearing the acoustics of a large mediaeval chruch in my head all day. Even when my wife spoke to me, I would mentally "translate" every sound her mouth made into this wide, disperse cathedral sound. From this image the need for the perfect chant arose, the chant that would fill a cathedral with beautiful sound. And what other psalm is more suitable for this than psalm 23? Yes, I know, everybody wants to set music to psalm 23, and for that reason I should avoid it, but how can I when the choice is so obvious?

As always, you'll find my new chant at the Organ Amateur Page by clicking "Music" and "Music by me". You can also access the music here.

1 comment:

O. H. Berger said...

I have now made a new score with both the straight English notation, and with the words of the first two verses inserted. In addition I have included the rest of the words with standard English pointing. All this on the same sheet of music.

I have also made a MIDI recording onto MP3 with tempo settings to go with the inserted words in sheet music.