Listen to my Lakeside organ

I had a friend coming over with some recording equipment and recorded the sound from my beloved reed organ. We had to do some fiddling about before we got a recording that wasn't too embarrassing to put on the web, but still it could have been a lot better. Anyway, the point isn't to show off, but to get an idea of how the organ sounds like. Below you can hear Andante in G by Charles Macpherson which I adapted for my one manual reed organ: You can hear me taking the 16' out and in a couple of times; The Vox Humana is very hard to hear, but it is used in a two bar passage; Right after the Vox Humana I pull out the Celeste in a similar reponsorial passage before returning to the opening theme; Then I use the crescendo knee "pedal" or "wing" (left hand side) followed by the swell pedal (right) at the beginning of the loudest passage.

Download the mp3 file at The Organ Amateur Page

1 comment:

O. H. Berger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.