More organist stand-ins

27th of June and 8th of August I played at Lutheran services, in two different churches respectively. I am starting to regain the confidence and playing skills I had 7 years ago. I hope to continue this good trend so stand-in assignments can be done without unnecessary struggle on my part. Then I can actually start producing some real music, which would be nice. I was very close to playing the Andante by Macpherson the 27th of June, but I gave in to lack of confidence and resorted to improvisation instead. I don't want to play a famous piece in a horrific manner, although sounding OK to the unknowingly, in case someone in the congregation would happen to know the music. I played the Nun Danket by Karg-Elert on the 17th of May, but I didn't deliver the goods. However, many people loved it because they had no clue what it was supposed to sound like... I got away with it, but I will not count on getting away with it another time...

4 comments:

ccnp training in delhi said...

very nice dude. i like it.

Anonymous said...

I only very recently found your blog on the internet. I am a British amateur organist living in Oslo, and I have thought that it might be possible to get together a group of organ enthusiasts for occasional meetings, disussions and concerts. I have at home a 3-manual British Makin organ (yes, electronic but very convincing) and could offer occasional hospitality.
Graham Dukes
Trosterudveien 19
0778 OSLO
mngdukes@gmail.com

Sixty by Sixty said...

I'm an organ student and church pianist/organist at a Catholic church in Battle Creek, Michigan. I'm interested in your blog and in pipe organ playing, as a recent convert (from being a pianist). I'm involved in a pipe organ project where I'm planning to visit 60 pipe organs before I turn 60. If you are interested, check out my blog at sixtybysixty.tumblr.com

CCIE Voice Training said...

Every now and then I read something that gives me reason to think. Your article has provoked thought processes in me that have been dormant for a while. Thank you.