My reed organ

I inherited a Chicago "The Lakeside" reed organ ("American organ", or "harmonium") from my grandmother who died in 1994, but up until now my aunt has taken care of it. Yesterday I rented a car trailer and drove up to my aunt and took it with me. See pictures of the organ after I have secured it safely on the trailer:
-Harmonium secured on trailer, front view
-Harmonium secured on trailer, side view
The sheet music stand and some detachable decorative wood are not shown in the pictures. These were detached and put in box during transport. So last night I delivered the harmonium at an organ builders work shop to get it repaired and cleaned. He was kind enough to welcome me 10.15 pm on a Saturday. He even showed me around his work shop and invited me into his house to try his pipe organ.

I expect to get my beloved organ back some time during spring 2006. The sound quality and the key action of this organ is very good, so I am looking forward to have this instrument in my living room. It's visual appearance is also nice.

No comments: